What are the compatible HTML5 Assets?
A zip file with a root HTML document within the root directory:
- As a best practice, it is recommended to have a single HTML document named index.html in the root directory of the zip file.
- If the zip file has a single HTML document in the root directory, that HTML document will be used as the root document for the Creative.
- If the zip file has multiple HTML documents in the root directory, and one of them is named index.html, the index.html file will be used as the root HTML document.
- If the zip file has multiple HTML documents in the root directory, and none of them are named index.html, the first HTML document detected by Growth Channel Ad Server during upload will be used as the root HTML document.
- The root HTML document can be infinite characters in length (including spaces and comments).
- The root HTML document must not have any tags.
- The file extensions supported by Growth Channel Ad Server are:.SWF (Flash),.GIF,.JPG,.JPEG,.TIF,.TIFF,.PNG,.CSS,.HTML,.HTM,.JS,.WOFF,.WOFF2,.SVG.
- All resources referenced in the root HTML document must be referenced via relative links to files included in the HTML5 Asset Package.
- External images not included in the HTML5 Asset Package cannot be referenced from the root HTML document.
- The assets included in the Asset Package must not use local storage or session storage.
- The HTML5 Asset Package zip file cannot contain zip files within it.
- If the HTML5 Asset Package contains Flash (.SWF) files, the ad will not serve in Chrome and on exchanges which do not support Flash (e.g. AdX).
- Growth Channel Ad Server does not currently support video files within the HTML5 Asset Package.
- Growth Channel Ad Server HTML5 does not currently support expandable or MRAID.
HTML5 Backup Image:
- Each Growth Channel Ad Server HTML5 Creative must have a single unique Backup Asset which is an Image Asset provided during upload.
- This Backup Image will be uploaded outside of the HTML5 Asset Package zip file.
- This Backup Image must have the same name as the HTML5 Asset Package.
- Since Growth Channel Ad Server does not currently support responsive / resizable ads, the dimensions of the Backup Image selected will be used as the dimensions of the HTML5 Creative.